Literary Technique And Its Impact
A literary technique is a tool or method that writers use to convey meaning or create effects in their writing. These techniques can be used to enhance the style, tone, mood, or meaning of a literary work.
Literary technique is the concept of construction of content. Authors implement these literary techniques for developing meaningful content and proper utilization of these literary elements helps Author to help authors in recognizing, identifying as well as interpreting, or analyzes the content. Both of these literary techniques and elements are jointly called literary devices. From going through different kinds of classical and modern English content, it is observed that literary techniques are highly implemented by authors in mainly creative writing, novels, fiction, and others. Literary techniques normally are utilized through single words phrases and sections of sentences.
Examples of Literary Techniques
Now there are some examples of literary techniques that can provide a clear idea about literary technique and their impact on English writing.
- Anthropomorphism: Here animals, trees, and other objects are pictured or portrayed as people with human activities such as walking, singing, flying, or others. This literary technique is often called the personification through between these two there are some minute differences.
- Blank verse: It is mainly implemented in non-rhyming poetry. In this aspect, iambic pentameter is used here for writing the literary technique of blank verse.
- Foreshadowing: Authors sometimes talk about the future before happening the incident. During writing the story, authors utilize various degrees of subtlety for developing the future plot. Foreshadowing is the process through which authors portrayed the conclusion of the future.
- Hyperbole: An exaggerated statement or claim used for emphasis or effect.
- Irony: A literary device in which the opposite of what is expected happens, or in which the true meaning is opposite to what is said.
Metaphor: A figure of speech in which a comparison is made between two unlike things, often to highlight a particular aspect or quality.
Not only these few but also there is a huge range of stylistic devices in English literature to beautify the content and sharpen the message of the writer. Now there is a discussion on some stylistic devices which are present now…
When authors use different words from the same root that is called adnomination. For example, the best quote is nobody loves no one.
Here stylistic devices just enhance the sound of the content also.
Sometimes repetitions of vowels for creating the internal rhyming are done by authors which is another kind of the stylistic device in English literature.
When a person is mentioned more than one time by Author with a special emphasis is called cataphora.
It is another kind of stylistic device which is always developed by authors for gradually increasing the tension of the audiences.
In these kinds of writing styles two or more words are omitted to enhance the meaning. It needs a lot of writing expertise to use.
For some memorable things and stylistic activities, the epigram is utilized as the stylistic devices.
To exaggerate the statement, hyperbole is another kind of stylistic device.
A merism is another trait of the stylistic device where peoples or objects are enumerated by their traits.
For combining contradictory traits oxymoron is also used by authors.
So there is a huge spectrum of English literary techniques. It completely depends on the author's sense of utilization. It helps authors to enhance the meaning of content and convey the inner meaning, thinking as well as the idea to the audiences. It is nowadays highly emphasized on students in schools for enhancing the creative writing skill. If you are also interested in learning, you can contact Assignment Help Services where online tutors can help you to learn English literary techniques as well as literary devices, literary elements, and literary techniques. Proper utilization is highly impactful here otherwise meaning or taste of content will be changed.